Today is the first Full Moon of the New Year and I wanted to give y’all a simple little bath recipe to help you capitalize on the healing and revitalizing energy of 2023’s Wolf Moon in the sensitive and watery sign of Cancer.
Full Moons are a time for reflection and release so you can begin to usher in new energy. This bath scrub is programmed to maximize and harness Lunar energy allowing you to cleanse and nourish your subconscious and prepare yourself for renewal.
This scrub can be used in baths or in the shower as a scrub to remove dead skin. You can use this salt scrub during all moon phases except during eclipses which require different ingredients to fully maximize the potential of that energy.
Note that the ingredient measurements are rough. I usually tend to eyeball it but for those who want an idea regarding what amount to use of each ingredient they are there but do know you can add or reduce these measurements as you see fit.
- 1 cup of Plain Epsom salt
- 1 cup of Plain sea salt of your choosing (I am using Celtic Grey sea Salt)
- ⅓ cup of Yarrow leaves (can be swapped for Thyme)
- ⅓ cup of dried Chamomile flowers
- ¼ cup of Orris root (can be swapped for organic Rose Petals)
- 5-6 drops of Lemon essential oil or lemon peels, or lemon halves
- 5-6 drops of Cypress essential oil (can be swapped with Pine Needles)
- 5-6 drops Lavender essential oil and 3-5 Lavender sprigs
- 5-6 drops Rosemary essential oil or 3-5 rosemary sprigs
- 1 tbsp Jojoba oil (or any other kind of carrier like olive oil, almond oil, etc)
- A drop of Moon Water (Optional!)
Oh Shit, I don’t Have/Can’t find [Blank] Ingredient(s) ! What should I do?
I realize shipping delays and out of stock items make acquiring some of these ingredients tricky. I’ve provided links for where I get my ingredients as well as substitutes for when you're in a pinch, because shit happens and sometimes things can be near impossible to get a hold of.
My greatest piece of advice for witchcraft and just life in general is to do your best to plan ahead ensuring you can get everything you need/done ahead of time. Secondly be open to improvising because life and magic has a way of thwarting the best laid plans. Here's the revised ingredient list with ingredients you’ll likely find in your local grocery store.
Ingredients Suggestions if your in a Pinch:
- 1 cup of Plain Epsom Salt
- 1 cup of Plain Sea Salt of your choosing
- 2-3 Chamomile tea bags
- Lemon essential oil or 1 lemon
- ½ cup of Rose petals (make sure they are organic!)
- Thyme essential oil or 3-5 sprigs
- Lavender essential oil or 3-5 sprigs
- Rosemary essential oil or 3-5 sprigs
- 1 tbsp jojoba oil (or any other kind of carrier like olive oil, almond oil, etc)
- A drop of Moon Water (Optional)
Happy Wolf Moon Witches :)