Hi there witch friends! Are you looking for ways to protect your home from unwanted energies, spirits, and negative vibes? If so, you've come to the right place! In this blog post, we'll discuss a few simple yet effective magical purification and protection techniques. Join us as we explore the magical protections of smudging, lemons, and rosemary.
Our homes are especially susceptible to polluted energy and static vibes as a multitude of energies pass through its threshold each and every day. They kindly shelter us and experience both our good days and bad days alongside us.
Cleansing and protecting is an elemental component of witchcraft. An important ritual witch habit that importantly removes stagnant, negative, or heavy energy from our bodies, tools and homes. When we regularly keep cleansed and protected we create space for newer brighter vibes.
To get you started on sweeping away those stale house vibes here’s three easy protective cleansing rituals to try.
Smudging is easy, accessible and ideal for when your short on time. They are a simple witch go-to when you need to freshen things up without having to break out the book of shadows for a complex cleansing recipe.
Smudging may be done with smudge sticks, incense, cedar, lavender, and copal just to name a few.
Benefits of Home Smudging
- Most smudge or incense sticks have antimicrobial properties, meaning they are good at keeping bacteria, fungi, and viruses away.
- A common smudge ingredient sage, specifically white prairie and salvia contain thujone a mild psychoactive, a known intuition enhancer.
- Releases negative ions, which is linked to putting people into a positive mood and can be described as a natural antidepressant.
- A good rule of thumb when smudging a house or space is to focus on the four corners of a room. In many esoteric practices 4 corners represent the four elements of earth, wind, fire, and water.
- Bring a fan or a feather while smudging to push the smoke upward.
- Smudge yourself before starting your home.
- Make sure smudge/incense ingredients are organic and do not contain chemicals.
- Open windows to allow the negative energy a way out.
When Life Gives you Lemons, Cleanse
Lemons are known for their protection and purification properties. They resemble the powerful sun and intrinsically evoke a sense of happiness and clarity.
Feng Shui uses 9 lemons in a bowl for good luck. In India lemons can be found strung with chilies to ward off the evil eye.
2 Ways to Protect and Purify your Home with Lemons
- Place lemons in the 4 corners of your home. Left overnight they will absorb any residing negative energy.
- Make a 2 ingredient spray with alcohol such as vodka or everclear and lemon essential oil. Use as a multipurpose cleaner, room deodorizer, and linen spray.
Rosemary Above your Doorway
Rosemary above the door is a classic preventative protector. This technique wards off negative energy before its even allowed to step foot in the house.
All you need is a few sprigs of rosemary and twine to perform this easy protection/warding spell. Simply tie your sprigs of rosemary together and hang them above your entryway door. Now you’ve got yourself a one and done warding tool that'll block all pesky negative vibes from entering your house.